Friday, April 16, 2010

A letter to parents

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are you doing? I always hope that everything is good. I write this letter because I would like to discuss with you about quitting school. I know that studying and getting a master degree are very important for my future career. However, I also concerned about the fee and the time that I spend for this degree. The fee that I spend for studying and living in here around $30.000/ year. If I stay here for 2 more years, it means that we spend nearly $100.000 and may be more than that. This is an amount of money that we can spend for other things like invest for a restaurant and I'll manage and develop it. At least, I graduated from an university and got a bachelor, so I think I can do it. During the time I spend for working and managing, I can learn real experiences from this.I also can research and study by myself without going to class and getting a degree.
Furthermore, I know some people they are very successful in their career but they didn't get any degree before they success. An illustration of this is Bill Gates, he quited school when he was studying his bachelor degree at Harvard school. However, he gets many achievement from software, Microsoft and becomes one of the wealthiest people in the world now. Therefore, not only people who graduate from famous school or get high degrees are successful. In my opinion, there are many ways for people to achive in their lives and their careers. Getting higher degree is one of the various ways that helps people build up their careers.
Therefore, I would like to discuss more with you about this issue and I hope that you can give me a chance to prove it.
Thanks for listening to me and concerning this issue.
I hope that you always be my side and encourage me.
Missing you!
Your daughter.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your friend, I support you. A restaurant is great idea. Can I have some discount if I go there, heheh
    Vietnamese parents'view, I think u already know the answer, ^^ But good luck anyway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Vivian for your future restaurant.

    ReplyDelete